Header01.jpg

Freemasonry in the Province, which covers the Scottish Local Authority area of Inverclyde, has a long and honourable history dating back to 1728 and while the Provincial Grand Lodge of Renfrewshire West was actually formed in 1826 (Grand Lodge Minute 6th February 1826 refers), it could be argued that the first Provincial Grand Lodge in Scotland was established here on 3rd February 1739, when Alexander Drummond,, Collector of Customs, Greenock and Master of Lodge Greenock Kilwinning No. 15 (later renamed Lodge Greenock Kilwinning No. XII) was appointed by John Keith, 3rd Earl of Kintore, the then Grand Master Mason, to supervise the “West Country Lodges”, which included, the Counties of Renfrew, Argyll, Stirling, Dunbartonshire, “Clydesdale” and Inverness